Wednesday, June 20 2012 - 09:49 PM
It's summer, a reminder.
Here are some tips from Consumer Reports for the hot summer months:
• Never leave a child unattended in a vehicle, not even for a minute. In addition to being dangerous, it is the law in many states.
• Check the car to make sure that all occupants leave the vehicle or are carried out when unloading. If you lock the door with a key, rather than with a remote, it would force that one last look in the car before leaving it.
• Always lock your car and keep keys and remotes away from children.
• Keep a stuffed animal in the front passenger seat as a reminder of a child in the backseat.
• Place something in the backseat that you would need, such as a purse, briefcase or cell phone.
• Have a plan that your childcare provider will call you if your child does not show up.
• If you see a child alone in a car, especially if they seem hot, call 911 immediately to help get them out.
(My plan, a brick through the windshield if the doors are locked).
And YES, this is a cut and paste job.
Big Idiot says...
sad that people are that stupid. i am glad i am only an idiot.
( send private message )